Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EARLY BREAKUP

HI guys
    I'm happy about the clean tone without the attenuator- (my original question was that the amp is just too loud), -----I just want it to be quieter!
    basically the clean tone is fab, but it is turned so low in some rooms that i can tell its just not getting enough juice to sound 'full' i.e. the frequency response seems a little limited- hence my request for a way to reduce its 'overall output, whilst retaining a clean jazz tone'
    thanks for the pointers, there are lots of myths out there!

Comment

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Am I missing something here?
      The Fender Deluxe Reverb is a 6V6 push pull amp with feedback.
      And you built it with 6L6 tubes.
      And it is too loud.
      How about rework for 6V6 tubes.
      Just a thought.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chris shaw View Post
        HI guys
        I'm happy about the clean tone without the attenuator- (my original question was that the amp is just too loud), -----I just want it to be quieter!
        basically the clean tone is fab, but it is turned so low in some rooms that i can tell its just not getting enough juice to sound 'full' i.e. the frequency response seems a little limited- hence my request for a way to reduce its 'overall output, whilst retaining a clean jazz tone'
        thanks for the pointers, there are lots of myths out there!
        Well, if you just want a quieter clean tone, use the volume knob (maybe even the one on your guitar). No plug-in gizwatchies needed for that.

- Scott

Comment

reducing power in a fender deluxe

Hi jazz p
          well spotted - but its my error - I'm actually using 6v6 as per schematic -- my error in original entry
          thanks

Comment

tried that, caught the vol control with my shirt, ----scared the cafe cat with a short but powerful blast of deluxe roar!!!
            so much so the darn thing hasnt been downstairs since--- actually a big result for me, being a dog person

Comment

Feedback resistor

Are you using an 820 ohm FB resistor like the schematic?
              I had a Fender Deluxe Reverb on the bench a while back.
              Customer complained that it broke up too early.
              It did. Like at 2 on the volume pot.
              I changed out the FB resistor. I think I ended up with a 500 something.
              After the change it broke up at 5 on the volume.
              Put a 1K log pot in there & adjust it until it gets better.

Comment

thanks mac
                was advised to make adjustments with resistor in circuit when building to take account of that. Thank you anyway

Comment

main filter capacitors affecting break up

guys
                  I just remembered when I bought this first effort componenets the seller advised I used 8 mf instead of 16mf filter caps 'to make it more lively' -- so essentially I have several spots in the main filter cap chain that are only 8 mf not the 16 in the diagram!
                  I had forgotten. Will this affect the break up ?

Comment

Working...
                  X