Silvertone 1482 Upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1482 Upgrade.

Thought that there might be Silvertone owners here who might be interested in my take on the 1482.

Modded with Weber 230V PT and Weber OT. All caps. replaced, and some resistors. The faceplate isn't in very good condition; I plan on overlaying a black plate with blood-red inscription.

Speaker cabinet will eventually contain a 10" Celestion Greenback and 10" Celestion Gold.

I have a couple of 1484s with water damaged cabs. You have inspired me.

Comment

Good on you Olddog !

It isn't a hugely daunting task ! A router and small electric sander are all the power tools that I have ..... everything else is done with a handsaw and other basic tools. The couple of amps. that I've built have been hacked, drilled and filed !!

There are lots of handy hints on the 'net and tolexing might seem at first a bit daunting, but it isn't that difficult. Main thing is to visualize, plan carefully and exercise just plain old common sense and logic.

Best of luck to you. Here's some other recent work that might provide further inspiration ............

The amp. cab. in the second photo. will house a Champ copy that I'm building, with an 8" speaker in the purple cab.

Comment

Great work. I've always been intimidated by tolex. I mean I've done it, but my attemps never really look professional. Generally my amps look like they have been through WWIII. I call it character.

Comment

My 1482 has been asking for a new outfit, maybe I'll give it one of these.
          Stop by my web page!

Comment

Working...
          X