Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian EL84M and Tungsol 12AX7 Gold

Howdy,

I was speaking to the folks at thetubestore.com (great place btw) and we were going over the various tube possibilities for a C30. While they did not mention the Tungsol Golds, I thought that I'd through that out there. They did mention the EL84M though, a military grade tube, and not too prone to microphonics. Anyone tried these?

And on a completely different note (no pun intended) what do you think about building a hand wired circuit board, using most of the same valuances, for the C30??? If you feel inclined to flame, don't bother responding.

Peavey C30

How about playing it instead of playing with it.
    The Peavey C30 is a pretty good amp.

Comment

i lije to play, and i like to play

well, i like to play, and i like to play....

Comment

Lots of people have tried them. I can;t think of an EL84 that has not been tried in the C30 or any other EL84 amp. The thing is, just because I might like them doesn;t mean you will.

We used to have the JJ vs Sovtek debates all the time. But no one could agree. SOme thought the JJs were smooth and mellow but the SOvteks were harsh and shrill. On the other hand there were those who felt the JJs were dull and lacked definition but the Sovteks were bright and clear.

At some point you will just have to try different tubes and find out which you prefer.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X