Newbie with a bias mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a bias mod question

Has anybody out there had exper. with Peavey classic 120/120 and modding the fixed bias to an adjustable circut. If so could you p[lease pass along a schem. breakdown and parts used to do so.I just got new sveltlanas and im itching to get them hot, but i want them to sound the best that they can .I know Peavey sets their bias cold from the factory as a general rule so for this amp to work at its full potential with the new tube IT WILL NEED BIASING

Cant find a schem for that amp but if it is like the Classic 212 or Classic 30 there is a 33k in parallel with the bias cap which is reverse polarity oriented.I would replace the 33k with a 25k cermet pot in series with a 10k resistor.

Comment

Just email parts@peavey.com and ask for the schematics. Classic 120/120 is a dual 120 watt power amp. Yes eight 6L6. You will have to add some resistance, as the top one in the voltage divider is only like 470 ohms as it stands. It really has no relationship to the C30 other than CLassic in the name.

I made additional comments over at PV boards.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X