Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I add harder clipping to this circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I add harder clipping to this circuit?

Hey guys,

this is the same DAnelectro Honeytone guitar amp schematic that i posted in a previous thread. It has two 1N4148 diodes at the pre-amp stage and im guessing these are soft clipper diodes. I know it has an overdrive pot but I would like to know if:

I can add harder clipping to this circuit? I was thinking add more diodes but im not sure in what way.

Also i would like to add a switch so I can change from soft clipping, medium to hard? Any ideas how i could do this?

Cheers guys!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by markbr View Post
    Hey guys,

this is the same DAnelectro Honeytone guitar amp schematic that i posted in a previous thread. It has two 1N4148 diodes at the pre-amp stage and im guessing these are soft clipper diodes. I know it has an overdrive pot but I would like to know if:

I can add harder clipping to this circuit? I was thinking add more diodes but im not sure in what way.

Also i would like to add a switch so I can change from soft clipping, medium to hard? Any ideas how i could do this?

Cheers guys!
    I have one of these. I use it to tune backstage sometimes. Ugly little amp. The only thing I can suggest is to use germanium diodes. They will propogate around .3v rather than the .7 for silicone diodes (D1 and D2) and clip earlier. I guess you could add a switch to take them in or out. Just parallel them up with the others an use a dpdt switch.

Comment

Forget diode swapping and just increase the gain of the preceding stage.

Comment

Working...
      X