Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting holes in Peavey KB300 for handles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting holes in Peavey KB300 for handles?

A professional keyboardist has asked me to mount two recessed handles on his Peavey KB300 amplifier. He lugs in from gig to gig. I told him I was concerned it would have an effect on the sound. Does anyone have any experience with cutting holes in this amplifer or any other amplifier? Will it affect the output?

CJ

Hi CJ.
    If you cut two holes and then you cover them with recessed handles, there will be no sound change at all.
    Not in this forum at least; although in Audiophile forums they probably can hear the difference between black and chrome plated mounting screws or between new and NOS ones..
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Cut and Screw in confidence. If it changes the sound it will be because his hands will still work after he carries it to the gig.
      My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

There are no shortages of speakers and combo amps with handle pockets on the sides. They all seem to work. The handle will seal the hole. The tiny little bit of internal cubic volume you lose to the handle insert will not make any difference.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Cool!! Thanks guys for the response. I will pass on the info.

CJ

Comment

Working...
          X