Peavey Encore 65 , adding a 12 VDC cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Encore 65 , adding a 12 VDC cooling fan

Has anyone had experience on adding a 12 VDC cooling fan to the Peavey, to help with the heat buildup in the chassis!
    I am thinking of adding on in the chassis, Peavy had stated that the problem with this older amps was the circuit board would warp due to the heat build up?
    I was looking at the schematic to see if, I could tap off the +27 V supply, but not sure of the best method circuit wise. Voltage regulator or ?? I f any one has done this mod, I would appreciate any help on a circuit to accomplish this.
    I have included a schematic

Dennis
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Sigala View Post
    Has anyone had experience on adding a 12 VDC cooling fan to the Peavey, to help with the heat buildup in the chassis!
    I am thinking of adding on in the chassis, Peavy had stated that the problem with this older amps was the circuit board would warp due to the heat build up?
    I was looking at the schematic to see if, I could tap off the +27 V supply, but not sure of the best method circuit wise. Voltage regulator or ?? I f any one has done this mod, I would appreciate any help on a circuit to accomplish this.
    I have included a schematic

Dennis
    I would use a 120 volt fan and wire it after the power switch. If you already have a 12v fan just get a tiny 12v transformer to power it. A $3 wallwort type works nicely.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me on this!
      I wanted to use 110 AC, but could not find any small enough at Radio Shack!
      But that is a great idea, using transformer! So just a plug in adapter transformer?
      Thanks for your suggestion
      Dennis

Comment

Well, you could get TWO of the smallest 12 VDC fans you can find and wire them in series, straight off the 27VDC supply... Or just get a 24VDC like this one http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...ING-FAN/1.html and wire it off the 27VDC supply, assuming you have 60 mA to spare on that circuit.

Comment

Hi nashvillebill!
          Thanks for the input, I went with olddawg suggestion, of using a Wall 12vdc transformer I wired it direct to the power switch, I mounted the fan inside the chassis, exhausting out!
          hopefully this will help with the heat buildup.
          Thanks to everyone for all your suggestion and invaluable help

Sincerely
          Dennis Sigala

Comment

Working...
          X