Silvertone 1482 tremolo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1482 tremolo questions

Been tinkering with my Silvertone 1482, and have some questions about the tremolo:

I swear I can still hear it when it is dialed all the way down, so is there a way to completely bypass it or disconnect it, instead of just grounding it out with a footswitch? If so would there be a gain boost like there is when bypassing the trembug style tremolo?

Also, as with most trems, it's too fast for me, how do I slow it down?

Schematic attached.
    Attached Files
    Stop by my web page!

Change one of the .022uF caps in the LF Oscillator feedback circuit to .047uF and see if that slows it down.
    I don't know about the other problem... but if the intensity pot's wiper actually goes to right to zero Ohms, it puts the LFO AC (which is super imposed on the grid load resistors of the power tubes), right at AC/DC ground... then there can't be any AC imposed on the grid load resistors.
    So, my first guess would be to suspect that the pot is not actually able to take the middle lug wiper right to AC/DC ground.
    Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 07-20-2010, 01:06 AM. Reason: lousy grammer
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I'll give that a try.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

And further to what Bruce said about changing the .022uF cap to alter the speed range, you could also try increasing (or decreasing?) the 68k resistor in series with the speed pot.
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Well I changed the cap and slowed the trem down, thanks Bruce!!

The Intensity is still very faint, I checked the pot and the resistors in the trem circuit and while none of them are on spec, none are way off either.

Any ideas?
          Stop by my web page!

Comment

Working...
          X