Rewiring amp for series channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring amp for series channels

How would I rewire my Peavey Mace VT series so I can run the 2 channels in series so the normal channel drives the effects channel? I have a schematic if anyone wouldn`t mind lending some expertise. Thanks.

Go ahead and post the schem. You'll get more responses. But don't jump into the project right away. See what kind of ideas and discussions come up first.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

mace vt.pdf

Here ya go,, thanks.

Comment

Hi skynyrd,

Just wondering if you've done this sort of thing before; sorry not familiar with your background, or the amp.

But... I've done this myself on Fender amps, and took it to the point of ridiculous amount of time spent. I don't want to be negative, if you want to do this go for it, but realize that there are a million little nuances of tone and distortion that you will be sorting out with various parts choices, and tons to be learned if you haven't done this yet. I mean tons.
        So... if you have LOTS of time, ... and would rather noodle on the amp than play, then go for it. But... I myself now would rather play... so you can as an alternative, get a coupla good overdrive / distortion pedals and get a pretty darn good sound that way. There's so much to choose from these days, it's amazing. Lots of pro players go this route as well...
        Anyhow, just my 2 cents.....

Comment

The origonal mace had a series input, and the VT is not that much different from its big brother, so it shouldn`t be a massive job to rewire it for series, there are 2 diodes for footswitch 1 and 2 that run in paralell to each other and the footswitch combiner combines the 2, I am thinking that changing the diodes to run from 1 to 2 then down to the combiner SHOULD put the channels in series, but I would like someones opinion that is more familiar with circuits than I am.

Comment

You could find a schem for the 'other' Mace and see the difference for yourself. If you can't locate it with a search I'll bet Peavey would give it to you just for asking. They've always been very helpful.

Chuck
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	switching circuit.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	819017I have the origonal mace schem but can`t make heads or tales of it, here is the switching section for the VT, somehow I think these two diodes could somehow be reran in series to run the channels that way.

Comment

Working...
              X