Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker mounting gasket material

Hi guys,

Didn't know where else to post this q...

I've got an EV 12 speaker I want to front-mount in a new cab. The speaker comes with gasket material on the front edge (for back mounting), but none for front mounting.

What should I use?

Thanks much!

Is this one of the reissues? I front-mounted mine, and there was no gasket on the back as you say, but I just stuck it in without one. I guess you could use foam weatherstripping, which you can get from home improvement stores like Home Depot, B&Q etc.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Yep, one of the re-issues... I think you're supposed to make that an airtight seal if possible. I guess if nobody has any other ideas, I'll just use some foam weatherstripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy View Post
        Yep, one of the re-issues... I think you're supposed to make that an airtight seal if possible. I guess if nobody has any other ideas, I'll just use some foam weatherstripping.
        Go to an auto parts store and get a sheet of gasket paper. You can also use plain old cardboard (not the thick kind with air spaces in it) or even the large thick sheets of poster paper for $1 at Walmart.

Comment

I use thin (1 mm) spongy EVA rubber, the kind used for mousepads and toddler room decoration.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
          X