Will this trim pot work here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this trim pot work here?

I would like to use a trim pot in place of the 120K resistor in the bias supply in the schematic below to make my bias adjustable. At the moment I have a 100K in the amp and it works great. The trim pot is only rated for 300vdc max. The voltage before the diode is 330vac. Thanks Bob

"Reality is an illusion albeit a very persistant one " Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=rockon1;199876]I would like to use a trim pot in place of the 120K resistor in the bias supply in the schematic below to make my bias adjustable. At the moment I have a 100K in the amp and it works great. The trim pot is only rated for 300vdc max. The voltage before the diode is 330vac. Thanks Bo[QUOTE]

Put a resistor, say 60K ohms in series with the trim pot. That will recuce the voltage across the pot by about half.

Comment

[QUOTE=olddawg;199878][QUOTE=rockon1;199876]I would like to use a trim pot in place of the 120K resistor in the bias supply in the schematic below to make my bias adjustable. At the moment I have a 100K in the amp and it works great. The trim pot is only rated for 300vdc max. The voltage before the diode is 330vac. Thanks Bob

Put a resistor, say 60K ohms in series with the trim pot. That will recuce the voltage across the pot by about half.
      Oops ,my mistake. It will be used with a 22K "failsafe" resistor. Is that enough?

.............................I just checked and since the pot goes to basically zero theres no reason not to use a 60k -Thanks again Bob
      Last edited by rockon1; 02-04-2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Still thinking...If the 330 Vac going to the diode is being 1/2 wave rectified then going to the resistor I wish to replace then its only going to see at most 1/2 of that in Vdc or 115vdc that is?

Cmon guys I know this is childs play for you. Bob
        Last edited by rockon1; 02-04-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X