Fender Pro Jr. Jewel light ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pro Jr. Jewel light ?

What would I need to change in wiring to replace the factory lamp with a jewel lamp in a Pro Jr. ?

Thanks !

If you just want a plain old light bulb like Fenders used for decades and decades, mount a lamp socket with jewel on the panel. Of course you have to determine that there is room for one. The existing LED hardly projects behind the panel at all. A pilot light assembly takes up almost as much room as a 12AX7.

Then run two wires from the lamp socket down to the two green wires from the powr transformer. Those two wires are providing the 6VAC to your tube heaters, and it would run the lamp as well.

Now you will have the old LED hanging loose. Since it takes minimal current anyway, I wouldn't bother removing it, I'd just secure the thing by its wires inside somewher and let it stay. If it bugs you, snip it off at the pc board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo !

The LED had already been removed , and I probably would have put the jewel in the same points on the cb, so I'm glad I asked before I did that.

Thanks again

Comment

Works great. Big blue pilot looks good

Comment

Working...
        X