Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would adding a AC outlet on back of a Tweed Bassman interfere with tone/noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would adding a AC outlet on back of a Tweed Bassman interfere with tone/noise?

I really want to add some reverb to my Victoria bassman (or Super 5f4)
    but dont want to mod the amp.
    I tried the Vanamps solemate (springs in a pedal format) and really liked it.
    But i hate setting more pedals and gear up on the weddings i play as I'm always running late...lol.
    I was asking if the Vanamps Solemate could actually be hardwired to the amp...i never recieved a response.
    Now I wanna know if adding a AC outlet such as on the back of a Princeton would add noise or hinder tone at all?

Thanx for any help.

BTW how is the Belton Brick type reverb wired to an amp? I like the WET reverb i used to have, but it was a diff feeling than real spring.

I know...just dont run late to wedding gigs...lol.

No, it won't affect the tone or add noise, assuming it's not installed right next to the input jacks by an idiot. However it might hurt the resale value if done messily, I'd ask Victoria if they can do it.

A Belton brick needs a power supply, but it also needs a reverb drive and recovery circuit inside the amp, which a Bassman lacks. And adding it would change the tone somewhat.

Turning the problem on its head, can you get a standalone tube reverb unit with a convenience outlet on the back, and plug your amp into that?
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanx
      A standalone is just too big.
      But maybe the Vanamps which is small and sounds great with less noise even.
      But has a large walwart.

Can a Vanamps Solemate be hardwired to an amp?

Welcome to Vanamps - Best hand made analog spring reverbs

Comment

Well, it would be pretty easy to hide the wall wart inside the amp cabinet and hook it up to the amp's power cord, if that's what you mean by hardwired.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

For whatever it's worth, I think the belton brick is better than a wimpy SS driven tank reverb, but it needs to be "built in" to the circuit. It's not the same, its different- spring reverb is an effect, the belton is a little more "outboard reverb" sounding. It's not a lexicon, but it's also no vintage gibbs tank either. Incidentally, that van amps box is like the perfect example of wimply SS driven (the op amp is even shown in the site) but hey, why not buy a blues jr to go with it... or... Why don't you get one of these and assemble it with RG's grounding scheme? Way sweeter... And no mods to the Vic, and period correct look, and perfect awesome amazing spring sound... more drive... vib....

Weber Original Design Kits

Search for revibe and enjoy! Leave that van amps "ANALOG" (total watchword) pedal for the gear page...

Comment

I think the Line 6 Tone Core Verbzilla has a number of very good reverb tones when used with the tweed amps.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
            X