Crate V5 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate V5 Mod

Is There a Mod to make the Tone Knob adjust the preamp Gain(bypass the tone function) and have the volume Knob adjust the Volume? Or adding another Knob for the Preamp gain? Also is there any other mods that can be done?

Bump

Comment

you should google crate v5 mods...

I'm sure there are some dedicated forums for just that.

also which v5 do you have? it seems that the newer ones use a solid state input.

I suppose you could get some preamp distortion out of it but it's not going to sound very good.

Comment

I have the all tube version, 12ax7 preamp EL83 Poweramp.

Comment

Just get a boost pedal. A TS or a Badmonkey or something.

Comment

I run a MXR Wylde Overdrive so i can get the crunch but, im looking for Preamp control and power section control. Ive searched google but didnt find much.

Comment

Originally posted by Risamaru View Post
              I run a MXR Wylde Overdrive so i can get the crunch but, im looking for Preamp control and power section control. Ive searched google but didnt find much.
              It's a 5 watt amp with two tubes. There will not be much preamp control to be had. Most of your grunt will come from the PI and output. That's why it is a joke to add reverb to one. You might want to look at the various Epiphone Valve Jr gain mods. Put a pot instead of a switch and resistor or something I guess. But your boost bedal should saturate the preamp and your volume control will control the input to the power amp. I'm not looking at the schematic, but that is how it is usually done.

Comment

Working...
              X