Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney L5t-112 effects loop mod?

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum and believe someone here can help me out. I have a Laney Lionheart l5t-112 combo amp (Laney Amplification | Products | l5t-112). This amp has a side chain (parallel with no wet/dry mix control) effects loop. As a result i am unable to use digital effects in the loop (i have a line 6 dl4 that i want to use in the loop). Is there any way to convert the "side-chain loop" to a series loop? e schematic for the amp is shown in the following link: http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...-schematic.pdf

Can anyone help me with a detailed explanation of what exactly needs to be done to achieve this mod?
    I hope this isn't asking for too much.

Thanks,
    Sammy

Just to double check what you want to do, use an external digital effects in the amp effects loop, and use the mix function on the digital effect, and disbale the mix on the amp's effect loop return.

remove R28 from the board, remove carefully so you cna put it back if this doesnt do what you want.

If you remove R28, and you dont use an effects loop, there will be no signal passed from the preamp into the power amp so you either have to use your line 6 all the time, or connect a short lead from effects send to return

Comment

Hi,
      Could the R28 be replaced with a pot of some sort so it could be adjustable?
      Ta
      Lee

Comment

Working...
      X