6L6GC tube took out 10k balance pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6L6GC tube took out 10k balance pot

I have what I beleive to be a 1967 and one of the 6L6 tubes went bad and burned out 10k balance pot. I know that this is no longer available, is there a mod to replace it?

I'll assume your talking about a silver face Fender amp?

If you check the parts inventory of several on line amp part sites you will find it. It's also not hard to retrofit a slightly different part. If the current owner likes the amp the way it is I wouldn't change the circuit.

If you want to "black face" the circuit there is plenty of info available with a few searches. But I would caution that unless you follow the Fender "layout" drawing or are already familiar with the black face wiring, lead dress can cause stability problems. That is, if you just modify the component values and arrangements without re-routing the lead dress the amp may become unstable.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X