Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing trem speed in Ampeg Reverberocket 2

Howdy,

I've lately been using the tremolo feature On my 1966 Ampeg Reverberocket 2, and I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience in modding the trem speed to go slower. The range of speeds seems a bit limited. Thanks in advance,

Keith

I slow down trem ranges all the time, it baffles me that amp makers have them bottom out at such a high speed.

Increase the value of the caps in the feedback loop of the trem oscillator.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, Enzo, I'll look into this. Might give me a chance to use my cap substitution box.

Comment

And they have a more dreamy sound when slowed down too.
        Try a .1uF cap in place of one of the .05uF caps in the oscillator.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Yes. In general whatever the feedback caps are in a circuit, I usually double the value like Bruce says. You can massage it further from there if you like.

They do sound nice slow. I think it should get at least as slow as my resting pulse, aiming for about one per second. Not opnly does slower sound better, but at the other end of the dial, we get rid of some of that so fast it sounds like playing through an electric fan effect. The upper half of the speed knob usually is useless unless we fix it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, worked great

I double both .05MFD caps, and I'm really pleased with the results. The slower speed lets the tone really shine through. i really do like the Ampeg trem circuit, a refreshing change to what I normally hear.

Thanks again,

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X