• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert M. Martinelli Vox Pathfinder mods

On this post:
    Vox Pathfinder mods
    Robert M. Martinelli describes his upgrade to a Vox Pathfinder 15R:
    I replaced the original PT with a toroidal PT, with a slightly higher voltage and a better current rating, then I changed the rectifier to a 4 Amp bridge, this allowed me to increase the filter capacitors' value ( to improve the dynamic range ). I also added voltage regulators for the preamp section ( to avoid early clipping on the op-amps due to voltage drops when the amp is driven hard ).

Robert hasn't been active on the board in awhile (hopefully he's all right and just to busy to participate), I was hoping someone might shed some light on these upgradesClick image for larger version

Name:	Path15R Schematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	866788

I'm installing a 2040 chip in mine and planned to main filter caps to 4700uF 35v. Can anyone explain the:then I changed the rectifier to a 4 Amp bridge, this allowed me to increase the filter capacitors' value The rectifier diodes (4) are 1 amp each, is Robert saying he increased them to 4 amps each?

In addition he added voltage regulators, "I also added voltage regulators for the preamp section" . What would he have done there?

Thanks
    Frank
Working...
X