Cascode/Triode Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascode/Triode Switch?

So I am going to be starting a build soon and I am curious about the possibility of a cascode/triode switch. I need help from those who have experience with a cascode design to let me know if the switch idea that I have will work.

I am working off the schematic below that I found online. Ignoring component values, I am just looking at the switch wiring.

So my ideas is to get a 4PDT On/On switch and have the poles set up like so:

Up is Triode/Down is Cascode
    Pole 1: Switch the input after the 1Meg resistor between V1 Pin 7 (Up) and V1 Pin 2 (Down)
    Pole 2: Lift the wire from Pin 7 going to Pin 1 (Up) and connected (Down)
    Pole 3: Add an additional .047 off of Pin 6 and switch AFTER the cap between Pin 6 (Up) and Pin 8 (Down)
    Pole 4: Here is the difficult part. This pole would switch between a normal cathode cap/resistor (Up) and Pin 1 (Down). The switch would take place before the 1k resistor and the .047uf cap. My question here is can I even switch in this place due to the voltage present in the cascode arrangement?

Thanks!

Hmmm, the input stage looks like a SRPP to me.

Check out
    The Valve Wizard
    for a better example of a Cascode.

You could use a self-biased Cascode with a SPST switch to increase/decrease the top anode resistor to get triode and pentode like sounds.
    Also the voltage gain will be higher so you may want to use a 12AU7 to get approximately the same voltage gain that your phase splitter would expect.

If your just worried about the voltage on the switch.. Usually if its UL rated at 250vAC then ~100vDC+ is OK at low currents (mA).

Comment

Working...
    X