Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLASSICTONE-50w-OT-Transformer for Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLASSICTONE-50w-OT-Transformer for Marshall?

Anyone tried these? just wondering if they sound good? not a bad price...

Classictone 50W OT Transformer Marshall JCM800 JMP Amps | eBay

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
    Anyone tried these? just wondering if they sound good? not a bad price...

Classictone 50W OT Transformer Marshall JCM800 JMP Amps | eBay
    I have one in a JCM800 2204 Cascade Clone I built a Year and a half ago.
    It sounds good.
    Listen to the shoot out.
    Marshall 50W Output Transformer for Plexi, JMP and JCM800, 784-139
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry,

I just got the Bassman OT from them, model 40-18000, I put this into a 67 Fender bandmaster head. Man this OT sounds really good. more harmonics, much fuller tone and loud clean too. Definitally made the amp sound really much better than the stock Bandmaster OT.
      I'm going to gut a old Marshall 5010 SS combo and I'll probably use the classictone trannies to do this build.

Slo

Comment

Thanks Terry,

I just got the Bassman OT from them, model 40-18000, I put this into a 67 Fender bandmaster head. Man this OT sounds really good. more harmonics, much fuller tone and loud clean too. Definitally made the amp sound really much better than the stock Bandmaster OT.
        I'm going to gut a old Marshall 5010 SS combo and I'll probably use the classictone trannies to do this build.

Slo
        Glad it worked out!
        I was going to build another Plexi type amp with 6L6s, but was going to use the Blackface type PT and OT.
        The PT was a 325 0 325, ant the OT was for 6L6s.
        Later,
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry,

Slo
          Ha ha ha.... that's cheating though... the 18000 is a 60 watt OT and the original Bandmaster OT is around 35 watts!!
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
            Ha ha ha.... that's cheating though... the 18000 is a 60 watt OT and the original Bandmaster OT is around 35 watts!!
            Sounds pretty smart to me!
            He shouldn't blow that one up.
            T
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X