Marshall 18 watt TMB mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 18 watt TMB mods?

Hey guys, i just finished building a Marshall 18 watt TMB and I'm looking to get more gain from the TMB ch. I have a loaded board from Watts Audio. I need to have the vol way up there before I get that Marshall crunch. I have done some mods already; changed the slope resistor to 33k from the stock 47k, added a 1uf bypass cap on the 1.5 resistor on V3 cathode, and changed the 1M Bass pot for a 500k. Right now I have a 50uf/820ohm on p3 of V1 and a 0.01uf/820 on p8 of V1.

Chuck.
    Attached Files

I play 18 watt Marshall clones in clubs all the time. Have you simply tried a good OD pedal? Mine loves a Bad Monkey and they are $49. Then when you turn off the boost the amp is reasonably clean.

Comment

Hey olddawg, yes I have a few overdrive pedals on my board, one that I like alot is the Blackstone. I was just using the amp without any pedals in the signal chain and thought that maybe it was supposed to have more gain than it does. Maybe your right ,i'll try an overdrive in front of it tomorrow and see how it responds. It may be all I need.

Chuck.

Comment

Off course pickup output, height adjustment, string gauge etc are all factors as well. I also use a compressor.

Comment

Working...
        X