fender bright swith help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender bright swith help

can someone help explain or show me in a diagram form, how to wire my slider bright switch for my fender amp?(It has six lugs on back of switch) my switch acts like a volume cut in the down position and in the up position (bright) increases volume with distortion. your insight would be helpful.

The first thing to do is 'learn the switch'.
    The switch has two independant switches inside it.
    You could cut it in half and have two.
    So label the lugs.
    Looking from the solder side, top to bottom.
    Left Side A 1,2 & 3.
    Right Side B 1,2 & 3.
    With the switch paddle up, Side A 1 & 2 are connected (Side B 1 & 2 also).
    With The paddle down, Side A 2 & 3 & Side B 2 & 3 are connected.
    Now the Fender circuit.
    You only need one switch.
    Fender may or may not use both.(it is irrelavant, either way will work)
    The bright cap (120pf) gets attached to the volume control wiper (middle leg) when the bright switch is on.
    (see attached schematic)
    So if you connect one end of the cap to Side A 1 & then connect the volume pot wiper leg to Side A 2, when you engage the switch (up) it will connect those two points.
    Switch down does nothing.
    There are no connections to lug 3 (A or B)
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the help.

i did wire the switch wrong but i changed it after i figured out how the switch works. i wired it like your explaination of the switch. why is there some much distortion when i put the switch in the up position? it works very clean when i had it wired wrong? does the 120pf cap add the distortion?

Comment

The 120pf capacitor gives the signal a high frequency boost.
        If you are playing your amp right on the edge of distortion & you engage the bright switch, yes, the high frequencies will distort.
        Other than that, no.

Comment

one last question for you, the amp is only on three or four volume wise. it's a super reverb clone, that amp doesn't get that overdriven at those volumes? i've check the wiring at least two or three times over it's all good. i wired it back to the wrong way (basicly omitting the switch) volume at 5 or 6 is just starting to distorted. this is on the vibrato channel, if you were wondering.thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X