mixing channels in Fender Pro Reverb amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixing channels in Fender Pro Reverb amp

In Fender reverb amps, both channels are mixed before the PI with two 220k resistors. The normal channel has 2 gainstages, the ‘vibrato’ channel has 3. I prefer the ‘vibrato’channel, even with the reverb off. I was wondering if I could put the 220k mixing resistors earlier in the circuit.

Would it be possible to mix both channels using 220k resistors before the reverb section (before the 3M3/100pF cap), which would be resulting in reverb on both channels.

Or mixing both channels after the reverb section, but before the ‘mixing’ stage (3d gainstage of the ‘vibrato’ channel), which would result in having reverb on the ‘vibrato’ channel only, but having tremolo on both channels.

Has anyone tried one of these options?

Thanks!

Jef

Yes, I have seen the first option a couple of times - the channels can be mixed via the 220K's right after the coupling caps at V1, 6 and V2, 6. This will put reverb and tremolo on both channels, which will now be in phase with each other.

Remove/disconnect the old 220k for the Normal channel at the PI coupling cap, you might want to experiment with bypassing the remaining 220K with straight wire to reduce series resistance here?

Comment

I used this....

I just change the part who said "Just put it down on the other 220k resistor....".
      I grounded the removed one. This way, Vibrato channel keep stock sound...

Comment

Thanks!
        So it seems to be common to mix both channels right before te reverb, with or without the mixer resistors?

Jef

Comment

Working...
        X