Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa boogie Nomad 100 new speaker reqd

Hi all

Got a customer who has a Mesa Boogie Nomad 100. The amp is now working but his speaker is shot. What speaker should he go for.

Does any of you guitarist have any ideas. He plays Blues on a ES335 and Fenders.

Need 100watt 12"

BBB

If he liked the tone of the amp when it was working correctly I think an OEM type speaker should do it. I think the old Mesa "90" was a Celestion G12H80. I read that Eric Johnson used them. He's about as picky as they get for tone so they must sound alright. I don't see those in the Celestion lineup any more but you can bet Mesa has done their best to get as close as possible. Saving you the effort. Their current "90" is also a Celestion, though I don't know which one. The cost is US $129. Which seems like a good price. I've always thought Mesa speakers were pretty good and reasonably priced.
    Last edited by Chuck H; 07-22-2013, 03:39 AM.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X