Bias mod for 5150II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bias mod for 5150II

Ok, I was wanting to do the bias mod for my 5150II. I have read all the pdf's explaining the process and also tons of message boards. But when I looked at the bias circuit in my amp, there is definitely no 15k resistor there. I was always told that the 5150 and 5150II schematics are almost identical. Has this resistor moved locations on the pcb of the 5150II or has it changed values?? Any help is appreciated. I took some pictures but they didn't turn out well (my picture taking skills suck). But I can try to post them if needed.

Ther amps are very similar. The 5150 has one path through it, and stuff switches in and out to make "channels." The 5150-2 has separate paths for the rhythm and lead channels. But if you analyze the circuit, you will see that the two configuartions from the 5150 are more or less duplicated.

But certainly the part numbers, board layouts and all that are different. The bias is different too. The boards are different, and the bias is already adjustable on the 5150-2. If you want a greater range of adjustment, replace R68 with a lower value.

The existing R68 is 12k. Tack another 12k in parallel with it and it will become 6k. ABout what you want. Or pull R68 and replace it with a 6.2k or a 5.6k.

PV will send you the schematics INCLUDING the parts layout if you email parts@peavey and ask for them

R68 is the litle resistor next to the bias control on its little board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok that makes sense. I know exactly which resistor you are talking about, thanks

Comment

Working...
      X