Peavey Classic 50 Blue Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50 Blue Mods

I have a pre FX loop Classic 50 head, and I was wondering if the Blue guitar mods would work on it.
    He states that he adapted the mods for newer versions with the FX loop.

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/articl...50_origmod.pdf

Although I did not do the Blue Guitar mods on mine when I had it, I did add the FX loop. The only significant difference between the pre-FX and FX versions, IIRC, is the presence of the FX send/return. I bought the FX board from Peavey and it just replaces a couple of jumpers between the pre and main board (going from memory, it's been about 10 years or so).

So the Blue Guitar mods should work on the older version as well.

However, I should throw out the obligatory "what do you seek with these mods?" question. What don't you like about the amp now, what do you wish it did different. And...have you tried different speakers? I put Eminence Lil Texas Neos in there (mine was the 2x12 combo) and it improved the overall sound quite a bit, as well as shaving off several pounds (not important for you though since yours is the head).

Comment

Mostly I'm hoping to improve the overdrive channel, I find it sounds a bit harsh. I have it paired with a 2x12 closed back cabinet with Celestion G12-80 Rola speakers.

Can one still get a hold of FX boards?

Comment

Call them to see... From their email to me: "99051660 is the CBD for your efx retro kit".

Comment

Working...
        X