Hammond drawbars - guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond drawbars - guitar

I have a Hammond tube organ I just acquired for $100. Works great after oiling the noisy tone generator.

I would like to know how I can run my guitar thru the tonebars or drawbars. I believe that the tone generator outputs are all wired thru each KEY on the organ and the key closes the circuit of that specific pitch or wheel. So my question is does anyone have a schematic for this section of ANY Hammond? I'd like to know where to insert guitar signal. Impedance is a concern as well. I read that each tonewheel is coupled via a magnetic pickup. Is there a difference between those pickups and guitar pickups regarding Zout?

Thanks for entertaining my potentially not so clear question

Not sure what you want to do. The Hammond makes each note with the tone wheels. Each sound has a tone wheel. If you play the 16' of a note, then the 8' will be an octave up. Now if you move up an octave and play the same note, now the 16' tone is the same thing we had a moment ago as the 8". The drawbars are nothing more than a mixer. I don't know how you would play your guitar through it any more than you could play guitar through a piano. It won;t pitch shift the guitar or anything.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I think it would require using a MIDI guitar and designing quite an interface.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Just whatever you do, don't kill off any family members, please!

Comment

Which model have you got? You should be able to use reverb and vibrato sections and all valve preamp/amp sections.

Comment

Ahhhhh.... Gotcha. So all the harmonics are created by the tonewheels. I thought the drawbars controlled some kind of filter preamp which generated the harmonics. Dang... Thanks for clearing that up! Oh and I have another organ tube pre and PA that I bought which was already converted onto a box for guitar use... Volume pedal, and Leslies too. Toys toys toys! I'll be keeping this organ as is.

Comment

Working...
            X