X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck writes at the search engine cursor: fly rod guides
    Goonle says: Including results for fly fishing guides
    followed by: Search only for fly rod guides
    So I click that box. Time I'm never getting back because Goonle thinks Chuck is too dumb to know if he's building a rod or going fishing.

In the above post Chuck writes: It does occur to me on slow days astream...
    Auto correct stops me there at "astream". And because this may be the first time in my life I've even written that word I need to check now and see if the usual spelling protocols don't apply to that word, but all I'm offered is "a stream" "stream" and "streams". So now I'm wondering if it's one of those words that doesn't actually exist even though people say it. So I check Goonle. Goonle says it's a word. Ok, back to the post where I just accept that there's a red squiggly line under the word astream. Also time I'm never getting back because my computer thinks my vocabulary is so limited that I don't know common words. When in fact the opposite is true.

This is just two of many examples that popped up today. I won't go into the rest, but I can't even guess at how much of my time is wasted because some program is so sure I got something wrong that it won't allow me to view narrowed results. At the very least I waste time learning how to manipulate the search criteria so Goonle doesn't spoon feed me what it thinks I meant. I just love being brought to the lowest common denominator by a program, don't you!? Soon they'll have us all wearing those white Styrofoam helmets full time and all our shoes will have Velcro instead of laces. Just another happy day riding in the tan window van. Yes, Mr. counselor, I like the pretty flowers. Yes, I like to eat apple sauce too...
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I was just posting on Farcebook... "Theological" is automatically transformed into "anthropological," yet "nincompoopery" escapes unscathed. Smart-Tech sure is stoohpid...

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

HK red box sch of various versions
        The "classic" looks to be able to be powered from phantom power & easy to build
        The Mk2 looks easy to build
        The "pro" Mk4 uses an inductor & an output isolating transformer, so maybe not the best choice as an "easy build" due to sourcing those two parts.

If you have a +9 to +15V supply in your amp, you can use this to "power" the red box line out
        Attached Files

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with those $28 Art mic/line preamps as a DI box. They have balanced and unbalanced in/out, level controls, and even use a 12AX7. It's a very versatile little tool for the money:
          http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...FU9ffgodVTED_Q

They go on sale for $28. I bought 2 to add phantom power and mic level to some like level inputs on a computer interface box.
          Last edited by olddawg; 11-18-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

The Red Box gets a lot of endorsement here from people I would trust. I haven't had the need to build one yet, but I wanted to mention that.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X