X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn i forgot to check that.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfenriz View Post
      There's the gain knob, that does actually turn counterclockwise too.
      There's a 1000p bright cap on the gain pot. Turning it down more than a fraction below max will most likely result in extremely thin, harsh and unusable tones.

I just can't figure out why amp designers insist on stupidly big bright caps. It more ore less forces the player to turn up the gain until the cap is effectively out of the circuit. You might as well skip the gain pot...

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
        Just to let you know ive have done the mods below and it seems to work well. massive reduction in the hiss.
        I'm letting the customer try it and let him make that decision

" 220k from junction (Net) R69 - V1a2 (pin 2 - grid) "
        " 100k from Net R72-V2b7 (grid) to ground. Preferably grounded end of C66 or R95 "

bbb
        I know it's an old thread, but what were the results of this?

I have an LBX II that I want to do the same thing with, but I can't find any other info, or even a schematic. I believe it should be about the same, with V3 removed so they could add the clean channel. (If anyone has a schematic for the LBX II, it would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks for any help.

Comment

My customer didn't like the mods and we returned the amp to stock. The mods did what he wanted. But I guess changed the amp. That's all I can say.
          I recommend you find the schematic and put a new post up. This will get you the help you need. It's my advice. I can't help anymore

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
            I recommend you find the schematic and put a new post up. This will get you the help you need. It's my advice. I can't help anymore
            Actually just did this a little earlier

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=51040

Comment

Working...
            X