capacitors for a pc30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capacitors for a pc30

Hi all, I just joined this forum, and i have a few questions..

I just purchased a pc30 and am looking forward to modding it.

The problem is that i don't found style capacitors that Steve Ahola recommend in blueguitar.org..

for example.

bass and mid cap (c18,c19) :steve recommend orange drop 418p.. where i can buy them?? or i can use another type as 715p or 716p??

For cathode bias switch:

22uf electrolitic and 0.68 uf poly?? what brand ? what's the diference /25v or /600v, i can use 715p??

Sorry for my english...

thanks

Orange drop is just a brand, any film cap with similar rating will work fine. Some people prefer certain brands, but all brands work.

22uf cathode cap - of you refer to a cap on the cathode of a 12AX7 then 25v is fine. it is an electrolytic cap.

0.68uf cap - same situation, if it is used at the cathode of a 12AX7 then a low voltage cap is OK. High voltage caps like 400v and 600v are used when the cap connects to the plate of a tube.

You speak English better than I speak your language.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok, thanks Enzo..
      but i can't found 0.68 or 1uf uf poly cap with 25v?? for cathode bypass.. any suggestion??

I'm looking in www.tubesandmore.com..., etc.. do you know where i can found all capacitors??

thanks

Comment

You can always use higher voltage caps. If you don't find 25v ones, the 400 volt ones will work fine
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X