Peavey Butcher Choke Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Butcher Choke Help

I've installed a Mercury Magnetics choke into a Peavey Butcher. I replaced R49 with it. Now the amp is way quieter (less loud, not less noisy), and sounds really flat like the tone is turned all of the way down. Could anyone tell me way I'm doing wrong here?

Peavey Butcher Schematic

Why don't we just continue the first thread? We don't really need two threads on the same amp with the same problem.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I didn't realize there was a guitar section... when I noticed how many more watchers and posts were there I wanted to "get in on the action". I'd prefer to take the other one off, actually.

Comment

If that is what you want, fine. Most of us look at all the relevant sections, there are fewer posts here because there are fewer topics here.

In any case, your choke is not the problem, it is far more likely while installing it you caused this new problem through mis-wiring or other error.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the help Enzo, it turns out that I had placed one of the mini molex connectors from the control board to the preamp board one space over to the left, misaligning the pins . Luckily I didn't destroy anything, the amp works as it should (again) .

Comment

Working...
          X