Mod a Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod a Preamp

I am looking for some help with the idea of modding my preamp for more gain.

I have an ART Power Plant solid state preamp and the drive channel has a Marshall JCM800 tone and I want to know what to change to give it more drive, such as a Boss Metal Zone.

Or would someone know of a website that would have this type of informartion.

What's wrong with just using a Boss Metal Zone?

RE

Comment

I have no issues at all with using a Metal Zone. I used to run one through the clean channel of a Fender M-80 head. Had a great sound punching through a 4X12 cabinet.

What I was hoping to do was run a 2 channel preamp and use both of those channels. My issue is that I am running a Grunge pedal through the effects loop and it gets affected by the EQ of the clean channel. I don't want to turn off the EQ because I use the clean. That is the reason I was hoping I could mod the preamp.

If I could figure out how to do it, I would love to wire in the components of a Boss Metal Zone pedal right into the preamp chassis and just bypass the existing gain, which is to weak for me.

Comment

Working...
      X