turn reverb control into gain/volume boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn reverb control into gain/volume boost

i have heard that the reverb can be disconnected in my marshall 100 watt4100 and a resistor can be added in its place so that the reverb control will act as a gain/volume boost. how do i determine the proper resistor values?

Originally posted by faithonaslab View Post
    i have heard that the reverb can be disconnected in my marshall 100 watt4100 and a resistor can be added in its place so that the reverb control will act as a gain/volume boost. how do i determine the proper resistor values?
    Usually a 470k soldered to some RCA jacks will do it. You just plug them into the reverb pan cables. Will it sound good? Try it an see......
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

I've read several times that disconnecting the vibrato intensity pot from ground provides a nice boost... It's been a while though. What you could do, is set the reverb to about 4-ish using resistors and repurpose that control with a large value pot between the intensity pot and ground, and when you turn it up, it increases resistance to ground giving boost... This is just an idea, completely untested and the theory could be off. Maybe it's disconnecting the wiper of the vibrato control... I don't remember, but the same would apply either way, just put the pot in that place...

Comment

Just realized this is old..................................

Comment

Ah, only 6 years old. SOmetimes I don;t reply to my wife for longer periods. If only I could get her to reciprocate.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Anyway, does my idea make any sense at all? It seems logical, but I'm still not sure of that boost of just removing the ground...

Comment

Working...
            X