Extra filter cap supply spot available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra filter cap supply spot available

So, i have removed my tremolo circuit in my ab763 clone build, for a modded marshall circuit (some marshall / vox bark) in its spot. I have a filter supply cap spot open right now (supply c+). Would there be any advantage to running supply c+ to the vibrato channel and the supply D+ filter cap to the normal channel? vibrato channel is stock. normal channel has the mod in it. Separate filtering for each channel? Would i be able to use different filter cap size like 70uf, 100uf and or even 220uf? I think the higher the uf's the more bass is pass threw the cap? Which i don't think i would like? The value for the dropping resistor is a question to? 2.2k - 5.1k value ? as always, thanks for your input

Schematic?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

nope, it was an original ab763 circuit (super reverb kit). And you saw the mod i that i posted a couple weeks ago. (some marshall / vox bark). You remember Kendrick's mod. just asking about extra filter supply node available. I kind of think the answer is yes. just have to choose the right dropping resistor size? just looking for some friendly forum suggestions. can i change the last filter cap for the normal channel ? it would have its own supply cap, got to be good? different voicing ? 40uf, 70uf ??? any thoughts

Comment

I can't tell you much without a schematic. I have no idea where supply C+ is or D+ without a reference or what circuit modifications you made. I will say this in reference to your statement, " I think the higher the uf's the more bass is pass threw the cap". These are large value filter caps for the power supply- not coupling caps for signal. The cap value has little to no effect on a preamp circuit's frequency response.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

C supply is being used with the mod so, my bad. NO, extra filter cap supply available.

Comment

It will be helpful to link to the other thread where there is documentation on the build.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              It will be helpful to link to the other thread where there is documentation on the build.
              It's here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...s-tweaks/52463

Comment

Working...
              X