Fender Pro Tube Super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pro Tube Super

I just bought a Pro Tube Super amp for $250. I’ve read so far that the circuit is more like a 50w Bassman than a Super. What are some mods I can do to make it sound more like a Super Reverb? I don’t mind getting down and dirty with the amp.

What do your ears say? I hope you have played the am pas is for a few hours at least. What shortcomings do you detect?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine_bassman View Post
      ...I’ve read so far that the circuit is more like a 50w Bassman than a Super....
      I don't perceive that, could you provide a link, or otherwise explain how that conclusion is reached?
      Note that there are dozens of somewhat different circuits of both Bassman and Super, so the particular versions being referenced need to be identified.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Looks like I misread the thread, there’s no real evidence of it being more of a bassman circuit.
        Clean channel was really pretty fatty sounding, and the tone was kinda choked and sterile to me. I was ABing it with a 68 super reverb and the 68 just sounded so full in comparison.

Comment

Did you compare the amps with same speakers?
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X