Pilot lights - 120V vs 6.3V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    When I was in the arcade industry, we bought #44 and #47 by the thousands. I could easily go through 100 bulbs in a pinball machine cleanup. A couple hundred pinball machines, and...BIG box of bulbs. I still have a bunch.
    I love pinball machines and have never once thought of how many bulbs must actually be in a pinball machine.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
      Just in case you want to use the Type 47 Incandescent lamp....it only has a life-hour rating of 3000 hrs. Chicago Minature's CM755, also 6.3V/150mA has a life-hour rating of 20,000 hrs. Same T-3 1/4 Bulb miniature Bayonet base like the Type 47. I've been using teh CM755 in all of our Fender rental inventory for years. Same or similar price.....been buying them thru Mouser Electronics.
      755 fan here too. Nothing attracts me like reliability. Last time I bought 100 from Mouser it was about $75. On the other side of this, 47's from Radio Shack seemed to have a lifetime denominated in hours, sometimes minutes - phooey on them! Also I was advised on these pages about the newer LED substitute, may give 'em a try sometime.

Meanwhile, I recently bought a collection of pilot lamps, all sorts of odds & ends. Maybe it would be good to offer the less common ones through our Flea Market.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Just use a filament bulb.

Nevetslab suggestion is excellent but absolute worst case, 3000 hour average life is a lot.
        Do the Math as how many YEARS you will get, given the actual weekly hours you practice.

I bet you will replace power tubes before pilot lights burn out.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Just use a filament bulb.

Nevetslab suggestion is excellent but absolute worst case, 3000 hour average life is a lot.
          Do the Math as how many YEARS you will get, given the actual weekly hours you practice.

I bet you will replace power tubes before pilot lights burn out.
          Not only that...the guy this amp is going to is an older gentleman, and he always half-jokingly talks about how he doesn't have much time left.

Comment

Working...
          X