Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB763 trem speed pot removal

Hey there!

this is a pretty simple one, but wanted to post here before doing anything.

I have a ab763 bandmaster that I have added a mid pot to, but I currently have it wired so it’s where the ground switch used to be. I’d like to move it to the front of the amp without drilling any holes. I do not use the tremolo, so can I simply disconnect the trem speed knob without adding any preamp gain? I know I can disconnect the trem intensity knob, but that would add preamp gain, and is not desirable in my application.

thanks!

Either move the Intensity pot to the Ground Switch hole, or replace the Intensity pot with a 50K fixed resistor. See if you can find a 51K resistor.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Is it Ground Hog Day? Again? I think we went through this one a few days ago. By golly yes we did, with good answers. Right here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...d-knob-removal

Same answers apply.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Groundhogday.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	924435
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I don't care what the groundhog did in Penna, I care about Michigan. Unfortunately, it was bright and sunny here.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Funny story: I found a blackface Single Showman head at a pawn shop. Tried it out, it wouldn't make a sound other than a faint hum. Got it for $100. Turns out it had a Master Volume control wired into the Speed control which I had turned all the way down.
          WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/amplification/guitar-amps/maintenance-troubleshooting-repair/924214-ab763-trem-speed-knob-removal
            It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
            X