No announcement yet.

Fender Bassbreaker 007 mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's one reason why I think playing with the boost switching is an appealing option. I think that may be easier an easier mod to pull off. I might like to be able to switch just one stage with the footswitch and have a panel switch for the other. I definitely prefer to think about these things for a while before I heat up the soldering iron.

Comment

I have been told that the jumpers connecting the boards in this amp has shielded cable grounded at both ends. Could anybody confirm this?

Comment

Yeah, I decided to get a buffer for my pedalboard before I mod the amp any if at all. I'm losing a lot of the sparkle before my signal gets to the amp. Putting in a JBL MI-12 speaker helped a lot. The Celestion V-Type is a good speaker, I just couldn't get quite what I needed out of the amp through it. Getting used to the amp helped, too. Running the master higher does a lot for the sound.

I still haven't cracked the amp open but looking at the service manual some more (thanks dmeek!) it's looking like mods won't be easy nor temporary. I'm still intrigued by the idea of separating the the two JFETs that control the boost via the cathode resistor bypass caps but I don't know a way to test it out before I make a permanent decision.

Comment

Working...
        X