Help for DIY Roland Micro Cube Circuit Boards Removed, Mounted to FX Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for DIY Roland Micro Cube Circuit Boards Removed, Mounted to FX Board

I am wondering if there's an easy way for a person without really much experience in electronic modifications to remove the boards on this amp then mount them to a functional floor unit? My budget is around $300 or the same price as a nice fuzz pedal. I need one or the other.

If you look inside the amp, there's four circuit boards in total. One of them is the main one with the big processor and the main circuity. One is for ins/outs, another for
    knobs and fx on top then the other for the power supply and switch. There are screws visible for most of them just from a cursory check.

It would be a nice project for me to get started on and if I do well, perhaps I can get into some other projects with the equipment I pick up to make this one happen.

Thanks!

I'm afraid your nice project is a mission impossible.
    You can try, but with an uncertain outcome.

The micro cube is conceived and designed in 3D space, and your nice project (floor unit) involves rearrangement into 2D space.
    However you arrange all micro cube PCB in 2D space, you will get a floor unit of ungrateful dimensions and appearance.
    In addition to the metal box in which your pedal will be housed, you need longer multi-core cables that will connect all the boards (PCB).

https://metrodcmusic.com/blogs/guitar-kit-builder-repair-bench/repair-bench-roland-micro-cube/

http://thmq.mysteria.cz/ucfx/
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Since you are determined to roll up your sleeves and do some physical work , by far the best option is to actually *build* your own killer $300 Fuzz for about $50 in parts.

And remembering you would spend that or more to rehouse the little combo.

And would need to work out some means of getting it in-out your signal chain, or switching desired effect on-off , etc.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X