Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a circuit selector and control with foowswitch

Hello everyone!

I have this guitar amplifier that I've added a tremolo circuit. I manage to add a DPDT switch to select between the clean signal (goes straight to the amp circuit) or the tremolo circuit (goes to the tremolo and then to the amp)

So, there is a way of replacing the DPDT switch for a female 1/4 inch jack that I can connect a footswitch to turn on and off the tremolo circuit ... or to select between the clean guitar signal and the signal with tremolo. I've been researching but is a bit confusing.

What would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

Worst case you could just replace the DPDT switch with a DPDT relay, then switch the relay with the footswitch. You would need a source of DC Voltage, usually 5V obtained from the heater supply. Does the amp make any click or other undesirable sound when you engage the switch ?

The other way to accomplish switching is to just disable the LFO ( Low Frequency Oscillator ) much like Fender did in their Blackface amps. This leaves the element that changes the gain of the guitar signal in the circuit at all times.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Found this old thread where I show a way to make a 5V power supply for relays without adding a transformer to your amp.

Link: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...v-relay-supply
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
      X