Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL100H remove or bypass one gain

Hi everyone!

What do i have to do to bypass or remove gain stage V2B in the preamp of the marshall dsl100H? I Mean the preamp signal going directly from V2A to V3A trough a leg of the resistor R36.

See attached schematic for this amp.
    Attached Files

Almost forgot: add 1M from lower (cut) end of R45 to ground, to avoid popping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bypass V2b.png
Views:	146
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	953819

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

JM Fahrey

Do you mean somthing like the attached picture?

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Almost forgot: add 1M from lower (cut) end of R45 to ground, to avoid popping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bypass V2b.png
Views:	146
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	953819

Attached Files

Comment

No. What Juan was saying is to add a 1 meg resistor from R45 to ground. So when you use a switch that can toggle between normal design and the design that bypasses V2B, you won't get a pop.

But, if you are not wanting to switch between the two, then you could just ground the cut end of R45 (assuming you lifted R45 one end so it no longer connects to V3A grid) instead of grounding the cap as you have shown. Then V2B would be permanently bypassed.

Edit: Attach picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

maybe try a 5751 or 12AY7 first?

Click image for larger version  Name:	12A tube gains.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	954025

Note: this is a simplification; these tubes are not entirely interchangeable, but I think the (2) subs above should work for a 12AX7 spot.

Comment

Working...
          X