Marshall jvm 410 mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall jvm 410 mod question

My question is, if i increase the value of the resistor R93 to 470k (see preamp schematic pdf file bellow) will i get more gain on overdrive 1 freen mode? on overdrive 1, green mode the signal goes trough V6B-V7A-V7B as you can see bellow?

jvm410-60-02-iss2-1.pdf

Click image for larger version  Name:	Esquema estagios ganho.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	962113

Attached Files

Pdf link doesn't work.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Rod
      Here is the preamp schematic
      Doesn't open. Message: Invalid File Specified.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Maybe this one will work.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Increasing R93 will not influence gain, but will attenuate treble after V6a.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

What exactly do you want? According to your block diagram V6A is not even in use for OD1 green mode, so nothing around V6A should affect OD1 green.
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I wanted to add more gain in the crunch channel and on overdrive 1 green mode.

Comment

If i increase the resistor R117 it will increase gain on overdrive 1 green mode, increasing R93 will not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                  If i increase the resistor R117 it will increase gain on overdrive 1 green mode, increasing R93 will not?
                  R117 loads the signal - R93 does not (no signal current through R93).

The purpose of R 93 is to cut HF together with the (invisible) input capacitance of V6a.
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Add a clean gain booster pedal between guitar and amp input.
                    "Mods" struggle to get a couple dB extra gain out of already maximized gain stages (hint:little or nothing extra available) while you can *easily* add 10-20-30-40 dB in pedal form.
                    Distortion will still happen at the tube stages.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

FWIW I'm having trouble finding any gain controls in the schematic as indicated in the drawn block diagram. Don't even know what I'm working with here or I might have a suggestion or two. I plugged the schematic values into my spice cad and I can't really understand where more gain is necessary!?! The clipped wave form is shitty asymmetrical though. Maybe there's something you don't like about the amp that's NOT related to gain? Because it seems to have plenty of that.
                      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                        FWIW I'm having trouble finding any gain controls in the schematic as indicated in the drawn block diagram.
                        This is one of those typical 'modern' marshall schematics. You have to follow all the connectors to other boards where the pots live, but none of the connector numbers really correspond to others.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          This is one of those typical 'modern' marshall schematics. You have to follow all the connectors to other boards where the pots live, but none of the connector numbers really correspond to others.
                          Fully agree, but miss the second part (rest) of the schematic.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Fully agree, but miss the second part (rest) of the schematic.
                            Here are more pieces.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X