Clear All

Regarding hum...

Look at it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sfd1.png
Views:	114
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	962492

The transducer is not even "in" the chassis. I expect the other transducer is the same on the other side? This and the unshielded leads to those transducers will surely pick up a lot more EMF than the tank you purchased (which has transducers fully inside a metal enclosure) and your use of shielded leads to connect it. I expect this to result in less hum but I guess that all depends on the actual cause of the hum. Which may or may not be EMF on the transducer circuits. But most likely is.
    Last edited by Chuck H; 06-18-2022, 12:49 PM.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      ...The transducer is not even "in" the chassis....
      Wow! This product deserves a label that says something like "Designed by lame brained people under unsupervised conditions."

Comment

Still waiting on parts arriving guys thanks for your advice ! Its much appreciated. I will do an new post when completed as the Server is not allowing me to add any more pictures to this post.

Comment

Hey Guys that's the new reverb tank installed, along with new Jensen speakers. I used right angled RCA cable cut to lengths and soldered them to the PCB to connect the new reverb tank. The stock speakers had big holes in them so now the amp is sounding good!
          The new 3 spring long decay tank sounds way better! and is louder than the shit tiny stock tank, although it could do with being a tad louder. Hardly any Hum YAY ! so now really quiet , I drilled through the tank enclosure and connected a grounding wire to the amp chassis as recommend by you guys to reduce hum.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to post pictures on here I Tried to start a new thread but it would not let me attach any pictures = weird ! I've messaged the web master a few times but no response is there an admin who can help? .

Thank you everyone for all the advice! It really is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by K.Hogg View Post

Unfortunately I'm still unable to post pictures on here I Tried to start a new thread but it would not let me attach any pictures = weird !
            When you click on the image button on the toolbar, do you get the box opening with the upload option? There is a point where it says 'send it to the server'. If you don't check that box, your pictures will not upload.

Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X