Ch switch for Jet City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ch switch for Jet City

Thinking of adding a second switch to the 50H , to "split" the Clean / Overdrive stage early in the amp , to make it a "3 channel" . Clean / Crunch / High Gain . Probably using a 2 button foot switch with a stereo 1/4" plug/jack . Would grounding signal somewhere like VR 8 or VR9 effectively accomplish this ? Can this be done without adding a relay ?
    Attached Files

Sorry, impossible to work with that TERRIBLE "schematic"

* Resistors rated in "mF"?

* Resistors and capacitors with NO units? ... what does plain "2.2" besides a resistor mean?

* Triodes with signal output from plates and screens?

* Power pentodes with unconnected plates and screens connected to OT primaries? ... WHO designed it?

At first I thought a non Tech musician designed it, but .... Chinese labels suggests "Factory" schematic ... WTF?

9 views and no answers hint at schematic uselessness.

As a side note, your idea requires drilling 2 extra holes in front panel to accommodate Crunch "3rd channel" drive and master pots, you sure you want to do that?

Personally I would use Drive channel set to Crunch settings, meaning somewhat milder distortion, and boost it with a pedal between Guitar and and input for balls to the wall drive.

Then you have 3 sounds from that amp, without modding it, which is not easy, specially on the aesthetics+mechanical side, always a stumbling block for home builders.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Sorry, impossible to work with that TERRIBLE "schematic"
      Try this one. Has same revision # but later date, so maybe just correcting errors.

Attached Files
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X