Converting a JC-55 to stereo input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a JC-55 to stereo input?

I've got a JC-55 with high/low impedance input jacks. I know the amp is 2x22.5W and you get the cool stereo effect when the chorus in engaged.
    I'm wondering how possible/straightforward it would be to mod the input jacks to feed into the amps separately, similar to what can be done on the JC-40 model.

Is this worth pursuing further or is it a lost cause to attempt this?

The problem is that ther is only stereo power amps. The preamp is only mono. So you would need another preamp.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's your problem right there. The JC-40 is a much more complicated amp that's built as a true stereo amp right through the signal path - two of everything. The only stereo aspect to the JC-55 preamp is that the mono preamp splits the dry and wet signals to the individual power amps when in chorus mode. I think the best that could be done is to intercept the signal path into the power amps (which is straightforward), install a stereo socket, and use a dedicated outboard stereo guitar preamp. In effect creating the return side of a stereo FX loop, or 'Power Amp In' to use a Fender term. In my own view, I wouldn't go down this route as you lose all of the amp's controls when using the power amps in this way and end up with a much more complicated (and expensive) way to get stereo.
      Last edited by Mick Bailey; 06-28-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X