Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with basket case 75 Twin Reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    It would seem to me if you plan to sell it locally, you can have it all hot rod or modded up, and some one may love it. But if you plan to sell it online, then it becomes a pig in a poke to potential buyers. A black face Twin they get, a Black face sorta Marshall channel with gain boost footswitch or whatever... who knows.
    The plan would be to sell local, and the store definitely has a more upscale clientele. Plenty of money, but sometimes not lots of savy, if you get my drift. I was amazed the other day when a guy was in and said he was an acoustic player who was looking to try something electric. They grab a thinline tele off the wall because it looks good to him, the sales guy suggests an AC15, and that was the rig he ended up buying, I don't think the customer played more than a couple chords. The sales guy played more than the customer did. Apparently that happens alot. :shrug:

Comment

On the other side of that coin, I picked a beautiful flame-top Tele off the wall (turned out to be a MIJ Foto-Flame), strummed one chord and bought it. I was blown away by the acoustic tone and feel. I upgraded the pickups to Texas Specials and have loved that guitar for over twenty years. I'm not that good of a 6-string guitar player but that particular guitar makes me a better player. Somehow. I know it's apples & oranges but it just brought back the memory of that purchase.
      Attached Files
      --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X