Small add-on to Egnater Armageddon....but no schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small add-on to Egnater Armageddon....but no schematics

Hello, I run an Egnater Armageddon and also do vocals in a band I am in. I have the problem of constantly hitting the wrong channel with my foot while I'm looking forward and singing into the microphone. I wanted to make an apparatus that i can attach the the mic stand, that will indicate which channel I've selected, so i can see it better. It will be very simple, BUT i just wanted to take a look at what is driving the LED's. I don't want to pull too much current if they are both on at the same time (the channel selector and my add-on). I'm highly doubting this will be an issue, but if it's connected to a lower current LED driver chip with a certain fixed output, I may run into some issues. I figured it would be worth having a look at, if possible. Is anyone familiar with how these work in these amps? I've had it apart before its its pretty congested, so i wouldn't doubt it if it was something weird, and you might guess why i don't find it worth taking apart for something like this.

Thanks

It's going to be tough to provide any info without a schematic. My experience is that Egnater doesn't provide schematics. However, Bruce is very helpful and willing to provide info on his stuff. You might try just giving them a call and posing your question(s) directly.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Short simple solution: gaffer tape your footswitch to mike stand and push buttons with thumb.

Slightly longer: DIY that pedal inside some plastic case more suited to be attached to said stand.

If no schematic available, post a couple sharp well illuminated pedal gut pictures,taken from different angles, in principle you should have not much more than switches, wires and LEDs there, easy to copy.

IF there is a PIC or some little processor inside or some Logic ICs, forget it.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Short simple solution: gaffer tape your footswitch to mike stand and push buttons with thumb.

Slightly longer: DIY that pedal inside some plastic case more suited to be attached to said stand.

If no schematic available, post a couple sharp well illuminated pedal gut pictures,taken from different angles, in principle you should have not much more than switches, wires and LEDs there, easy to copy.

IF there is a PIC or some little processor inside or some Logic ICs, forget it.
        Unfortunately, I don't think those solutions would be very practical in my situation because trying to press something with my thumb while playing guitar and sing into the mic would likely be more of a hassle than just missing the channel every now and then, and i'd still like something on the ground.
        I have taken the pedal apart before to replace one of the switches that broke - Its just wires, switches and LEDs, so i would have to take the amp apart to see what's on the other side. I emailed Egnater about it but haven't had a reply yet. Maybe soon.

Comment

Ceredox,

A pedal gut shot will get you several ideas of how to DIY this, the people here are complete aces at this.
          Bruce E is probably too busy and may be governed by liability and NDA issues. heavy is the head that wears the solid gold crown...

Comment

Working...
          X