5150 III 6L6 SuperSonic mod info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 III 6L6 SuperSonic mod info

I got brand new 5150 III 6L6 and I am not quite happy with the sound, it's harsh and has very V shaped EQ. I was searching on the net and saw Kruse Kontrol company mod called SuperSonic mod, they say it: "releases compression for much better clarity" it has a pot added. Sound clip is awesome, sounds exactly as I want the amp to sound, ads more mids and the amp cuts better through the mix. I would gladly pay for the mod but I live in Serbia and due to countries complicated import / export laws there is now way I can send the amp out. I gotta do this myself.

So does anybody have any info what this mod does? I was thinking maybe he's playing with cathode resistor values, has a pot in series with cathode resistor?? But the mod influences both Channel 2 (blue) and Channel 3 (red) with one pot. So it's not that simple... Anybody ? Any ideas?​ How is he "releasing compression"?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Emetal; 09-14-2022, 02:16 PM.

I just looked around more and it says that this mod "dials in upper harmonic content" Is that giving anybody an idea? How is that being done?

Comment

What speakers are you playing thru?
      --
      I build and repair guitar amps
      http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post
        What speakers are you playing thru?
        I did a research and tried the amp with only Celestion V30, only Celestion G12M Greenbacks and both of those kind in X pattern. As far as pickups I had to forget about any ceramic based pickups like EMG81 and such, amp has lot of Presence and Highs and only darker Alnico V pickups can tame it. In the bridge EMG85 on 18v in D tuning currently best results. Also some passive like Evolution Dimarzio. Guitars are Jackson SL2H, LTD M400 all alder, neck-through. I do electronic repairs and guitar and amp maintenance, I need info on that mod because I really like the clips on the net a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X