triple xxx fx loop chaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple xxx fx loop chaining

im not sure where to ask this question, so here goes. i want to slave 2 peavey bandits using a triple xxx as the master. i daisey chain bandits together all the time using the master preamp out into the fx in on the second bandit. that allows both bandits to play their internal speakers and external speakers controlled by the master bandits preamp.....if i wanted to use the tripple xxx as the master, using it's fx loop out into the bandits preamp in, would i need to run a load on the triple xxx's poweramp? i havent tried it yet and dont want to blow an OT. does anyone know if the triple xxx will run it's seaker output if nothing is plugged in to it's fx loop in?

i should menstion that the bandits are silver stripe bandits...and that i dont know how to post schematics, but the triple xxx has a "slave output" in the schematic. it is labeled as "line" on the actual head

Comment

the schematic shows that the speaker jacks are connected to the slave output jack via a 22k resistor in series with the line level pot which goes to ground across the resistive strip. the line jack collects from the wiper of the line level pot....so it looks like the amp can play without a speaker...maybe....but can it play a speaker at the same time?

Comment

You need a load on the triple X.
        Any of the set ups you described, you would hear sound out of the triple X cabinet. You don't want to use the triple X power amp?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I'm not even sure why you'd want to do what your are asking about, but yes you need a load on the Triple XXX, although you could run a dummy load, or even pull the output tubes on the XXX if you wanted to go through the trouble.
          Last edited by The Dude; 02-14-2023, 02:17 AM.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	meth.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	977827apologies if its actually coke

Comment

why would i want to do this? haha i get asked that all the time. well. i asked you guys first so that i didnt kill my xxx. now that i know i can run the speakers on the triple xxx while the line out is running i will run the triple xxx as the master and slave both bandits for a total of 300 watts and up to 18 speakers. the xxx can run 2 4x12s and each bandit can run 1 4x12 plus its internal speaker. i could probably tak a fm 212r on the end if it decides to work.

Comment

You'll be so popular with sound techs.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                X