Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert head footswitch connector

Hi all,

I have a concert lead head in pretty good condition that's missing its footswitch. I'd like to make one (that's the easy part), but the original connector is of a type that's unkown to me, and I'd rather not drill the amp to replace it with a DIN-type one.

Anyone can shed some light on this? What is the name/producer of these connectors?
    Interested in old, rare, unusual or just plain bizarre music equipment?
    www.nicosonic.com

If it's like my Coliseum 880 head they are called RCA connectors. They look like the ones on the back of some stereo's to plug the speakers in. Hope this helps. Also you can buy them at Radio Shack.
    Last edited by Viper-6; 07-01-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Comment

Thanks for your response Viper-6, but they are nothing like the ultra-common RCA connectors on my Concert head. Unfortunately!

I should have mentionned that mine is a late seventies blackface version. The connector (there is only one) looks a bit like a DIN connector but it is smaller and it has a small locking system constituted of 2 little metal hooks. Quite uncommon
      Last edited by Nyqusit5; 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM.
      Interested in old, rare, unusual or just plain bizarre music equipment?
      www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Are there any numbers on the connector?
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
        X